Terms and conditions of access
I-MED Patient Portal
The I-MED Online Patient Portal ("Patient Portal") allows you, as a patient, secure authenticated access to your images and reports for any tests or imaging services performed or provided by us. The Patient Portal also allows you to:
* request appointments;
* find I-MED clinics located near you; and
* request support and provide feedback on our service.
Before accessing I-MED's Patient Portal you must read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions of this Patient Portal ("Agreement"). You can agree to the terms and conditions of the Agreement by providing your details and ticking the check box at the end of the Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must immediately exit and not access or use the Patient Portal.
In this Agreement, "we", "us" and "our" means I-MED Radiology Network Limited (ACN 093 625 346) and its associated entities, and "you" and "your" means the individual patient or authorised representative of a patient entering into this Agreement with us.
Your obligations as a user of the I-MED Patient Portal
1. As a condition of access to the Patient Portal you acknowledge and agree that all personal information you have provided us is true, accurate and current and that you will:
a) notify us promptly if any of your personal information held by us changes or is inaccurate or incomplete;
b) keep your username and password securely stored and absolutely confidential at all times and ensure that no other person is able to obtain your user name and password. That is, you must not provide them to any other person;
c) change your password regularly;
d) notify us immediately if your username and/or password has been lost or stolen;
e) take all reasonable steps to maintain the security and integrity of your information systems, including by installing and maintaining appropriate malware prevention and detection programs, recognising the importance of maintaining security relating to the Patient Portal and ensuring that no other person can obtain access your account;
f) notify us promptly if you become aware of any actual or threatened breach of security relating to the Patient Portal, and to take all steps reasonably required to assist us to manage or mitigate any risks and to investigate the threatened or actual breach;
g) not infringe any intellectual property right of any person;
h) not submit, post, upload, email or otherwise send or transmit to the Patient Portal anything that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment linked directly or indirectly to the Patient Portal; and
i) not interfere with the Patient Portal or the servers or networks underlying or connected to the Patient Portal.
2. You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs associated with your use of the Patient Portal, including without limitation, all telecommunication costs, data usage and systems to view information provided by the Patient Portal.
Your privacy and the privacy of others
3. I-MED collects your personal information in this Agreement including your name, date of birth, and address.
4. The purpose of collecting your personal information is to enable I-MED to verify your identity against our patient records and set up your access to our Patient Portal and to allow you to access the Patient Portal. We will use your personal information for this purpose.
5. This Agreement incorporates I-MED's Privacy Statement which explains how we collect, use and disclose personal information from you and should be read together with this Agreement (view our Privacy Statement).
6. We will handle any personal information collected by us about you in accordance with our Privacy Statement. Our Privacy Statement includes information about how you may access your personal information or seek correction of personal information. It also includes information about how you may make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled.
7. We may from time to time (with or without notice to you) update or amend these terms and conditions and our Privacy Statement by posting the changes on the Patient Portal and I-MED website (https://i-med.com.au). The current version of the terms and conditions and Privacy Statement posted on the Patient Portal and I-MED website will apply each time you use the Patient Portal.
The Patient Portal
8. The Patient Portal is provided on an "as available" basis and I-MED will not be liable if the Patient Portal is unavailable for any period. I-MED may, acting reasonably (with or without notice to you) temporarily suspend access to the Patient Portal or indefinitely close down the Patient Portal at any time.
9. I-MED does not represent, warrant or undertake that this Patient Portal will be error, defect, "bug" or "virus" free.
Intellectual Property and Confidential Information
entire contents and design subsisting in, relating to or arising out of the
Patient Portal and available through or in connection with the Patient Portal including,
but not limited to, copyright, logos, trade marks, designs, text, graphics,
images, information, applications and other files and their selection and
arrangement ("Patient Portal Content"),
are the intellectual property of I-MED, our content providers or our licensors
with all rights reserved. You must not do anything, or omit to do anything,
which may infringe our intellectual property rights except where expressly
authorised by this Agreement.
11. You indemnify and hold us harmless in relation to all losses, damages, actions, claims, costs or expenses which may be brought against, suffered or incurred by us as a direct or indirect result of you failing to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any violation by you of any laws or the rights of any person.
12. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any direct or indirect consequential loss or damage rising in any way out of the use or interpretation of any imaging reports or test results available via the Patient Portal.
What happens if you are in breach of this Agreement?
13. We may stop or restrict your access to the Patient Portal in our absolute discretion for any breach, suspected or likely breach by you of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or other terms and conditions notified to you from time to time.
Who can you contact if you have questions about the Patient Portal or this Agreement?
14. All correspondence to I-MED including any queries you may have regarding the Patient Portal or this Agreement should be sent to:
Address: Privacy Officer, I-MED Radiology Network, Level 5, 24 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000